Marks: 85 Time: 3 Hrs
COMPUTER STUDIES (Science Group)
SECTION “A” (COMPULSORY)
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (M.C.Qs) (Marks: 15)
Q1 Choose the correct answer for each the given options:
- LCD stands for:
- Light Code Digit
- Light Color Display
- Liquid Crystal Display
- None of these
- The command that deletes directories along with files is:
- Transistors were the invention of:
- First Generation
- Second Generation
- Third Generation
- Fourth Generation
- For Engineering Applications the machine used is:
- Laser printer
- Pen plotter
- Electrostatic plotter
- Ink-jet printer
- Non-volatile memory is:
- None of these
- Laser beam technology is used in:
- Optical disk
- Magnetic tape
- Magnetic disk
- None of these
- According to the Associative Law of Boolean Algebra:
- A(BC)= (AB)C
- B = B(B+O)
- A+ B= B+ A
- The command that can show date in a prompt is :
- Prompt $date
- Prompt $t
- Prompt $d
- Prompt $p
- The Characteristic of a monitor that effects on the sharpness of an image on screen is called:
- Dot pitch
- A convenient place to store documents, graphics or other files that access quickly is :
- My network place
- My documents
- My computer
- Arithometer is the invention of :
- . Charles babbage
- Charles Xavier
- Joseph Jacquard
- The process of creating sectors and tracks on disk is :
- CD-Writer is used as device for
- Both input/output
- The place that is used to connect various external devices to the computer is :
- Antivirus software removes it :
- Bad sector
Section “B” Short Question Answer (Marks : 36)
Note : Answer Any 9 Question From this section. All Question carry equal marks.
Q 2. What is wallpaper ? How can we change the wallpaper of the desktop?
Q 3. Classify the monitor according to colour capabilities.
Q 4. Where we can find the deleted files and folders in the windows operating system? aslo write how the file and folder send over there ?
Q 5. State and prove the following boolean’s rules.
- A + 1 =1
- A • 0 = 0
- A = Ā = 1
- Ā = A
Q 6. Differentiate between SRAM and DRAM.
Q 7. why do we need an operating system?
Q 8. Convert the following into given equivalent system.
- (10110100111)2 = (?)16
- (1705)8 = (?)10
- (340)10 = (?)2
- (10001101)2 = (?)10
Q 9. Define 1st generation of computer. name any three famous computers of 1st generation.
Q 10. Give the appropriate DOS command for the task given below.
- Print a file ABC.txt to printer
- Change the directory from XYZ to Root.
- Show the list of all files whose name starts with the letter “C”.
- Copy the entire contents of a disk to another disk.
Q 11. Solve the following binary Numbers.
- ( 1110011)2 + (11011)2
- (11010011)2 – (11111)2
- (1010101)2 x (111)2
- find the 2’s complement of (101011)2
Q 12. What do you mean by pointing input device? Write Some examples of such devices.
Q 13. Which the help of Karnaugh map Simplify consists of both analog and digital system.
Q 14. Name the define the computer which consists of both analog and digital system.
Q 15. State and prove the demorgan’s equation.
Section ” C “
( Detailed Answer Questions ) (Marks = 24)
NOTE: Attempt any four questions from this section. All Questions carry equal marks
Q 16. What is karnaugh map? How can K-Map help to simplify a boolean expression?
Q 17. Define CPU describe its functions and draw block diagram.
Q 18. Define the various coding schemes used in the computer system.
Q 19. Define keyboard? Explain its different parts.
Q 20. What is windows desktop? Explain its important elements.
Q 21. Define ports and is types in details.